Featured Post

When Your Hubby Says: I Can't Live Without You

A healthy relationship can be built to perpetuate marriage and build a happy family . Say something tenderly with love quotes is one of t...

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Friend and Friendship

Teh best time to grow a best friend is before you need one!

Written or compiled by Joy Stevens



At first, I will talk about my unintentionally meeting with my online friend. Yes, this is the unintentionally meeting that I can find VampAmber in one forum of community and I must write something related to her site, VampAmber's Clutter. Firstly, I got startled when I read the name of her site, and when I remember that I've ever known her, I open her site, and really, she is my friend in the other forum. Even though we never meet physically, yet I feel that I've familiar with her because I can read her writing through her site. But I still wonder why she names her site VampAmber's clutter. Since, I feel, that she is not the clutter woman?! So, b t forget it. The importance is that it is very nice when I can meet unintentionally someone who I've ever known before.
Then, what exactly a friend? and what is a friendship?

A friend is someone we turn to
When our spirits need a lift
A friend is someone we treasure
For our friendship is a gift.
A friend is someone who fills our lives
with beauty, joy, and grace
And makes the world we live in
a better and happier place (Source)

And then, -----------Friend is someone who understands the other past, believes in other future, and accepts the other just the way they are. Then, Friendship is an in-depth relationship. Friendship is comfortable and relaxed. Friendship requires meeting the needs of both friends. Friendships don't just happen. Although one person may start a friendship, both partners will need to contribute to the building process. Someone can initiate a friendship by moving toward a prospective friend and starting a conversation. Someone will probably have very few friends if he/she just waits for them to come to her/him. So, remember that initial relationships with others are generally a little awkward. Allow yourself some time to feel comfortable with the beginning of a friendship--the initial awkwardness is natural and will lessen as you get to know each other.

In building a friendship, there must be an involvement, that is being where other people are. Someone can't make friends if he isn't in the situations where there are people. Involvement entails both COMMUNICATION and LISTENING. Share feelings, ideas, opinions and activities, and listen -- listening to both the speaker's words and feelings conveys both interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tulisan Terbaru